Many thanks to http://judahbloom.wordpress.com for the nomination of the Lovely Blog Award – I feel quite honoured – this is my first blog award 🙂
In keeping with the rules of acceptance, there is a little about me below:
7 Facts about myself
1. I really love beautiful vistas – I could spend hours dreaming over the sight of white caps on water and the stillness of a lonely wilderness – it makes my heart soar and occasionally causes me to well up. It is fortunate that I live in such a naturally beautiful environment that is Tasmania.
2. I have a phobia of planes and heights – even though I have skydived and have done a fair bit of traveling. I guess I am a bit of a misnomer.
3. I have varying illnesses unseen to the naked eye and only my close friends know about them – PCOS, endometriosis, IBS, Schumann disease and in the past anxiety.
4. I spend a lot of my time daydreaming and thinking in verses. Since I was raised by a science teacher and a musician I am not quite sure where this comes from! Although I think on the musician side there are quite a few English Teachers.
5. I like to dabble on the piano although not so much these days – and boy do I sing loudly when I do (much to the irritation of my neighbours I am sure).
6. I’ve spent much of my life feeling life feeling I fit in to a small “in between”or the “grey” area, without really fitting in to a particular ‘category’. For instance I am both an extrovert and an introvert – I am quite sociable but always need ‘me’ time, I come across as confident but can be dying inside, I was a bit of a nerdy bookworm in high school complete with braces and acne, but I was good at sports and for some reason that I have never understood this is a ‘popular’ attribute, I am 3 out of 4 children means so I am not the middle child but I do carry some of those idiosyncrasies. I could go on here, but I think you get the idea.
7. I’ve had some tough times (haven’t most of us?) but I LOVE TO LAUGH and I am now in a content place in life being happily married and close to my family – this sometimes scares me as I keep thinking something will go wrong!
The blogs I wish to nominate for the award include (and this is NOT a complete list – many I know are great blogs but I think they have already been nominated for these awards previously)
What is it?
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.